shhh... it's a secret

Friday, February 19, 2010

I ♥ Etsy! The Anti-Valentine Edition (part 1)

(Sit tight, folks. This is a long one! I'm dividing it up into two posts for those with a short attention span, namely, me.)
         
Admittedly, this post is a tad delayed. But I've been super busy, and these I ♥ Etsy! posts take a while to create. As I have previously mentioned, I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day. In honor of my dislike and in opposition to all the lovey-dovey, pinky posts out there that gushed about V-day, I present to you this broken hearted edition of I ♥ Etsy!. 

 

I love the delicateness of this necklace. It's precious
enough for the sweet side of me, but dark enough
for the twisted side of me (gee, I sound like a  
Frosted Mini-Wheat®). 

A.N. Original Jewelry is located in Saratoga Springs, NY,
where I rested my nomadic soul for a year (and LOVED
it!). She also has a great blog you can follow (just scroll
down to the link on the right under Pretty & Creative Blogs).


There are very few items from this seller that I don't ♥, but
in the interest of fairness and the conservation of space, I
selected this piece to feature. You definitely need to check
out the backside of this heart as well. Very unique and 
interesting!

Idle Hands Designs also has a blog, which I just
discovered. (I will post a link to it as soon as I get 
a free moment).


 There's just something about a broken down, rusted out
old vehicle that tugs at my heart strings. Maybe it's because 
as true North Country people (read: mountain hicks), we always 
had decrepit hunks of junk rotting away in our back yard. 
Whatever the reason, this just makes me so sad.

And if you notice, Squeakypeach4 is also a teacher and a
graduate student, just like me! (although I hope she's at least an
employed teacher, unlike myself.) Hurray for the grad student!


 
by BestArtStudios2 

The sadness, the colors, the nostalgia of a swing...
The loneliness, the heartbreak, the heart-shaped
moon... Sigh. I want it.

BestArtStudios2 is my favorite type of artist, 
a self-taught one. (and did you notice?
Everything is currently 25% off, although I'm 
not sure for how long).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including me in your blog!! You made my heart smile today!! :)

April said...

Glad to hear it!

Best Art Studios said...

Thanks so much for including my work in your blog post. What great Anti-Valentine finds.

Related Posts with Thumbnails