shhh... it's a secret

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I think I'm happy again, and all it took was a good haircut.

                        
Okay, so I know I prepared you for my absence, but I just had to share this. 

Yesterday I got my hair cut. Getting my hair cut terrifies me because my track record with stylists sucks ass. But, I was in need of a change, and I'd been mooning over this one style for a while now, so I decided to go with it. It's not that I didn't like my old style, but I just felt a change was in order. I had the old style, or variations of it, for a great many of YEARS. And boy am I glad I changed it up! 

Check it out...

OLD STYLE 
circa 12/2009
(for more recent pics of how I've been wearing it, click here and here)

and...

NEW STYLE!
        
I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love this cut. And I think I lucked out big time today. You see, I was scheduled to get my hair cut by Lynn, who I had gone to last time (see top pic) and while she was good, she lacked personality, and she didn't really listen to me and I didn't quite get the cut that I wanted. But whatev', I've had worse. Anyway, Lynn had an emergency and I was rescheduled with Kelly, who just happens to be the co-owner of the salon I go to (which I LOVE, but more on that in a bit). Kelly rocks! She was so helpful and so honest and informed me that if she didn't think the cut I wanted was going to work, she would tell me, but she was positive it would be great. And she was right! (Of course, she also informed me that it wouldn't do anything to convince people that I am, in fact, 30. I think she's right on that one too.)

So, back to how much I love this gem of a salon I found... I LOVE THEM! They are all super nice and friendly and they make you feel so welcome. And today, they were shipping off their hair clippings to help clean up the oil in the Gulf. I love them even more now. But, here's a dilemma... I'm leaving the area in two weeks! Just when I found the greatest salon ever...

Moving can be a pain in the ass, but for the most part, I love the excitement of it. I love unpacking and deciding where to put everything. I love starting over. What I don't love is having to start all over in discovering the good people to go to for my... personal needs. You know, like a gyno, and a general physician, and a hair stylist, and a car mechanic, and a good grocery store? These are all very important things.

I have found the best of all these things... in completely different zip codes. If I were to map out where my fave places to go for these needs were, it would look like this:


I think maybe, just maybe, I can somehow work it out where I can travel up I87 and hit all my necessary appointments in the span of two or three days... I bet it can be done. And in regards to grocery shopping. Eh. I hate doing that shit anyway.

7 comments:

Hope said...

Lookin' good!

Ally said...

I love it! It's so true how something as simple as a haircut (and/or color in my case) can really make you smile. As can a new lip gloss hee hee :) You know what I mean.

FourthGradeNothing.com

April said...

@ Hope- Thanks!

@ Ally- I KNOW! Of course, on the other hand, a bad haircut can just destroy you, so it's super great when the cut ROCKS! And I love new lip gloss. And nail polish.

Unknown said...

It looks really good and you really look like your in your teens.. and that really makes me jealous. =]

Patricia ~ The Naked Writer said...

i don't know how i missed this post...guess i am slacking on my stalking duties! I just have to say one thing (whistles) you look soooo awesome! i love this cut on you...it makes you look even younger...if that's even possible! Bangs really suit you. You got yourself a really good stylist there for sure!

April said...

@ Writing- Thanks. People were beginning to stop ID-ing me for beer, so I figured bangs were the way to go. It's all part of my Big Plan to deceive people. Or something like that.

geneviève said...

Looooove it! I went the long bang route a few months ago and it is wonderful! Looks so sophisticated :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails