shhh... it's a secret

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I like change

        
I'm one of those people who has to have things changing ALL THE TIME in order to happy. The routine and the static bore me. I could never be happy working in an office, day-in and day-out, stuck behind a desk all day. I need to constantly be moving. I need to be working on 101 things at a time. I think this is why teaching art appeals to me. Not only do my students and classes change every year, but they also change every week, every day, every hour. It's great!

As a child, I was constantly rearranging my room. I mean, ALL THE TIME. Usually late at night. I still do this. I can't help myself. I also change my work space, my closets, my cabinets and my underwear drawer (I don't actually have an underwear drawer, just a basket, but if I did, I'm sure I would rearrange that as well). And, of course, my blog page, A LOT. I'm constantly working out new layouts, rearranging my elements and experimenting with new widgets. I really can't help myself.

Maybe someday I'll stop fidgeting, cease my quest for the different, the better and the more exciting. Or maybe not. It keeps life exciting, right?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails