SPOILER ALERT!!! DON'T READ THIS POST UNTIL YOU HAVE WATCHED THE LATEST EPISODE OF LOST!!!
Normally, I don't blog about TV recaps. However, last night's episode was fan-freakin'-tastic! Of course, I felt like I needed to share with someone how awesome and amazing the episode was. Normally, I share with my sister. During commercial breaks. And afterward too. For like, an hour. I couldn't do that last night. Here's why:
(this conversation took place via the technological wonders of texting)
Me: why was Desmond on their plane?
Sister: Not watching. Very sick.
Me: what? are you full of shit? i don't care if youre on your deathbed... ITS LOST! and it has DESMOND in it.
Me: AND CHARLIE
Sister: No tv in bathroom. Will watch online later.
Me: SHUT UP!!! well, I hope you are feeling better soon...
Me: are you pukey?
Me: OMG!!! Best episode ALL season!!!
Okay, now that you're all caught up, let me explain why this was the Best episode ALL season!!!:
1. Desmond is featured in this episode. Desmond is one of my Top Ten favorite Lost characters. (I haven't actually made this list, but I'm thinking I might have to now)
2. Charlie is in this episode. Charlie. As in, CHARLIE!!! I ♥ Charlie.
3. Flashback to the saddest moment in the history of Lost. When Charlie died. And Desmond couldn't help him. I cried. I cried again tonight. Here, I know you want to cry too, so watch this:
4. Claire is in this episode. As in pre-crazy Claire. As in sweet, naive, pregnant Claire. I miss that Claire.
5. No Locke. Thank god, 'cause I was getting tired of him. And Jack. We only had a brief sighting of Jack, which irked me, but I guess it could have been worse. (I'm beginning to think it's written into Matthew Fox's contract that he must appear in every episode. He's such an episode-whore)
6. Lost's lovable losers were looking for love. Everyone together now, awwww.... How sweet was it that all the men who actually deserve to be loved and happy (Read: Not Jack) are realizing that somewhere, out there, is a woman for them? And not only that, but THEY'VE ALREADY MET! Talk about soul mates. (if only I believed...)
Upham Daniel returns. It took me a very, very long time to get over the appearance of Jeremy Davies after what he did in Saving Private Ryan, but I learned to love the guy, and it was good to see him back again. It means we're about to get all quantum physics-ie again soon. I missed that. I don't understand it, but I missed it.
8. The mystery is back. I feel like this episode was a throw-back to the good ole days of last season when Lost still had you sitting on the edge of your seat. You know, when you would yell at the TV and couldn't contain the physical anxiety all the drama was creating and would bounce around the room like a four year old cracked out on sugar? When you would actually converse with the characters on screen as if they could hear you? Remember those days? No? Just me? Okay then...
9. No Ben. My sister will disagree with me on this one, but Ben is one whiny little bitch. He irritates me.
And there you have it. My reasons for last night's episode of Lost being the best one all season. And just for fun, here's the conclusion to the conversation with my sister:
Me: i can't believe i can't discuss this with you! im fracking [sic] out all by myself!
Sister: Text [person]. He watched.
Me: yeah, but he doesnt care and he just wont get it! its not the same. im pouting, btw.
Sister: Sorry to ruin your night. Mine is worse right now.
Me: you're not preggars again, are you?
Sister: Hell no! I dont get sick then. More than puking but will spare u the details.
Me: sounds like fun!
(In hindsight, I think I may have been a little insensitive to my sister's plight, but, hello! It's Lost! And she wasn't watching it! And it was the best episode ALL SEASON! Now I'm going to have to wait until she watches it before I can discuss it with her and then I'm going to forget all my current excitement and it just won't be the same.)