shhh... it's a secret

Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm a cook!

         
(Please forgive me for the plethora of lame-o post lately. In case you didn't know, I'm knee deep in thesis work, so right now, somethings gotta give.)

You know the OBG can bake, but did you know she can cook too? I can. For the most part. When I'm motivated enough. And I have someone to cook for. And I have a decent kitchen to cook in. And I have money to buy ingredients. And I'm not spending most of my time going insane over a thesis.

Okay, so it's been awhile since I've actually cooked, but my point is, I can do it. I'm particularly fond of my sandwich creations. I mean, a grilled salami, pickle and mozzarella sandwich sounds good, right? RIGHT? Well, it is. How 'bouts a grilled cheddar cheese sandwich with pineapple and garlic? Anyone? No? Awe, you guys have no sense of adventure.

Thankfully, there's a ton of people over at Allrecipes who enjoy my Mayo-Free Tuna Sandwich Filling recipe. (see what I did there?) You can find my published recipe here, but for your convenience, I'll post it below as well:

Mayo-Free Tuna Sandwich Filling

(photo by Allrecipes member, Jessica.)

1 can (16 ounces) albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
1 tablespoon red onion, diced
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
1 tablespoon diced green chili peppers
2 tablespoons red pepper hummus
black pepper, to taste
  1. Mix tuna, hummus, onion, oregano, rosemary, green chili pepper, and pepper in a bowl. 
  2. Serve on whole-grain bread with melted cheddar
  3. Enjoy!

Of course, you can adjust the recipe to meet the needs of whatever you have on hand or to your personal preferences. Check out the suggestions made by the reviewers of the recipe for some ideas. Here's the nutritional info for the recipe prepared as written above, minus the bread and cheese.

Let me know if you tried it out, if you made any changes, and how you liked it (or didn't)!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails