shhh... it's a secret

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I ♥ Helena.

 
 (Source)

My love affair with Helena Bonham Carter began with her performance in Hamlet as Ophelia. She played crazy so well.

(Source

But it was her role in Merlin that really had me captivated. Once again, she portrayed crazy really well with her performance as Morgan Le Fey. Crazy aside, I really fell for her style in this movie. I still want hair like hers. Seriously, I do. 


And then, of course, there was Fight Club. In which she KICKED ASS!

And then I lost track of her for awhile. (Aside from Planet of the Apes, because who can love the style of an ape?) And then Big Fish came along, and Helena did phenomenally well as Jenny and the Witch.
    
(Source) and (Source)

Fast forward past Corpse Bride and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, (I know she was in other movies, but I didn't watch any of them, so they don't count) and we have the Harry Potter series, where, once again, Helena plays crazy and witch very well, and I love her name, Bellatrix.


And let's not forget one of my all-time favorites, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Her portrayal of Mrs. Lovett is fantastic. (Did I mention she does crazy REALLY well?)


One of these days I will get around to watching Alice in Wonderland. I heard Helena steals the show as the Red Queen.


And you know what? As much as people criticize her personal style (and trust me, they do!), I really kind of like it.

5 comments:

cbs111 said...

I have always loved her too! She's a great actress and just quirky enough to stay interesting.

Anonymous said...

I love her too. She's completely awesome!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE her!!!!!!! and she is AMAZING in Alice.

McGriddle Pants said...

I love her too. Crazy yes. Cool yes.
Married to Tim Burton is a little weird tho...

jules said...

She is totally bazaar! And fascinating.

Related Posts with Thumbnails