shhh... it's a secret

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Zzzzz

      
Dear peeps,
    
I plan to fill you in on my weekend adventures tomorrow. I'm just too beat right now. In the meantime, here's a little fun tid-bit...

I got a kick-ass award from McGriddle Pants over at Serenity Now!! Insanity Later...


It's my first one. I'm super-psyched. However, now comes the pressure of giving some sort of acceptance speech, or something like that. Right? Is that something I have to do? I'm not really good at making speeches... Did I tell you about the time I purposefully made a point of not doing too super great in high school because I didn't want my grades to be so good that I became valedictorian or salutatorian because if you were either one you had to give a speech at graduation? No? Well, there you go. I just told it. 

Okay, now for my acceptance speech, here goes...

Thank you.

Phew! I hope that was okay. I tend to ramble when I'm nervous. I hope I didn't stutter. I tend to do that when I'm nervous too. Okay, well, before I run off to reapply my deodorant (I sweat when I'm nervous, and man, if giving that speech didn't make me super-d-duper-sweaty nervous...) I have to pass this baby on. This is going to be difficult, but here goes...

Here are five fantastically awesome blogs that I love more than the genius peanut butter and chocolate combination of a NutRageous. Okay, maybe not, but you get the idea:
  1. The Naked Writer over there at The Writing Womb. Really, great stuff. I stumbled upon this blog recently and cannot stop laughing at the Naked Writer's complete and utter disregard for couthness*. (WARNING: Not for the faint of heart)
  2. Lauren at Hipstercrite. This was one of the first blogs I began stalking following. She's clever, insightful, poetic, intelligent, uber-cool and, of course, downright narcissistic** (really, aren't we all?).
  3. LiLu at Livit, Luvit. Why? Because she is just too dang funny. And she seems like she would be totally fun to hang with.
  4. Erin, the Queen bee of Blogging is for Dorks. Erin's stories about spiders and shopping trips to Walmart are just too much. Make sure you check her out.
  5. (and last, but certainly not least) Amber at Airing My Dirty Laundry. The tales she tells of her poor kids and husband are awesome. 
And there we have it. That took a little bit longer than I had expected. Now I should probably let these good ladies know, huh? (If you happen to make it there before I do, can you pass along the good news? Really, I am just too dang tired.)

Be on the lookout tomorrow for my weekend report. Here's a teaser...

There was drinking. And eating out (No! Not that kind, you dirty, dirty people). And a bloody appendage. Intrigued, aren't you? You should be. See you then!


* One of these days I'm going to come out with my own dictionary.
** A word she used to describe herself. I would never throw that word at people willy-nilly.

4 comments:

McGriddle Pants said...

Ooooooo! A bloody appendage... I can't wait!! :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Congrats on your award!

Thanks for sharing with me :)

Patricia ~ The Naked Writer said...

Thanks for the awesome award! I knew stalking you would really pay off! I love kung fu!
Posted it to my blog, oh happy dAy!

rachaelgking said...

Awww, you seriously just made my day. When are we drinking together? No, really. No, REALLY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails