shhh... it's a secret

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Whatev'

  
So I recently discovered that I have no friends. As in, I discovered this evening that I have no one in the world to hang out with. Despite the fact that I have lived in this town since last July, I have no one around that I can call up and say, "Hey! Let's go grab a beer!" I guess this is what happens when you spend all of your free time holed up in your room with just your computer and thesis for companionship. 
               
While I wallow in some pretty deep self-pity, you're going to have to suffer through a pointless survey, about me, which I stole from a lust for words, who stole it from rbandj You might be wondering why I'm forcing you to sit through this. Well, it's better than sitting through the garbage that I would write with my Deep Depression cap on, so be thankful. And enjoy. Maybe you can steal it too.

  1. The strangest thing I've ever eaten was eel. I'm sure I've eaten a lot of strange things, but that's the one that I can clearly remember. I also remember liking it. I've really taken to the whole sushi thing.
  2.   
  3. My best friends are my sister and SMos. My sister lives about 5-6 hours away. SMos live in Brooklyn, otherwise I'd totally call SMos up 'cause she'd drop everything and go out for a beer with me. Remember last time we got together? Good times. (I wouldn't call my sister up, because she doesn't drink, but I know she would love to hang with me and talk shit about people and watch pointless TV. She's good like that.)
  4.   
  5. If I could live in a different era it would be the 60s. No! The 70s. No, wait! The 40s. Crap, I don't know. I like aspects of all of them when it comes to fashion and style. If we're talking about society and equality, give me the 70s. (Did you know gas cost ¢11/gallon in 1940? And in 1970 it cost ¢39/gallon? In 30 years the cost only went up ¢28! So really, shouldn't gas only be, like, ¢70/gallon now or something? Think about it. Source)
  6.   
  7. If you only knew one thing about me it should be that I'm not what you would expect. Really. Over the years numerous people have been shocked and/or surprised by me and my me-ness (it's a word. I swear. Despite what Firefox thinks. Okay, I just made it up, but NOW it IS a word. 'Cause I just made it up. See?). People are always shocked by my humor, my intelligence, my mischievousness, me cleverness, my dirtiness, etc. Thankfully, this has never been a problem for me, or I guess for others either. Good. 'Cause I like me.
  8.   
  9. My favorite book of all time is Bag of Bones by Stephen King. I think. Yeah, I'm pretty sure of that. Right? Yeah. 
  10.   
  11. The one beauty product I can not live without is Oil of Olay. Because my face gets super dry. And I can't afford a lot of fancy, schmancy beauty products. Sometimes I splurge on Aveeno products, but it's been awhile since I've done that. And I don't wear makeup. Like, rarely ever. Sometimes I'll do mascara, but that's it. And sometimes lip gloss.
  12.   
  13. Blogging is a great way for me to not only keep track of my thoughts but to also keep track of my identity, something that I tend to loose easily. I'm not kidding. Sometimes I just totally forget who I am. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and think, "Oh my god! I'm Jennifer Aniston!" And then I try to do those cool beachy hair waves that she has, and then I remember that I'm sooo not Jennifer Aniston. Occasionally, I go out at night, thinking I'm a rock star, and then I party like a rock star, and then, the next morning, I realize, "I am sooo not a rock star." There was this awful, horrible period in time when I thought I was a housewife. After about three months, I realized, "I am sooo not a housewife." And then I ran away and joined the circus.
  14.   
  15. If I could star in a movie with one actor/actress, it would be Christian Slater. Seriously. I ♥ him.
  16.   
  17. One of the best feelings in the world is being touched by someone you like.
  18.   
  19. My current obsession is watching TNT all morning. Two hours of Supernatural followed by two hours of Las Vegas. Good stuff.
  20.   
  21. What's for dinner tonight? Um... I had some cheese and crackers and pepperoni and a strawberry and a piece of pineapple and a prosciutto and cheese stuffed jalapeno pepper and some macaroni salad.
  22.   
  23. The last thing I bought was a coffee.
  24.   
  25. I am currently listening to two of my housemates gossiping in the hallway. Good stuff.
  26.   
  27. If I could have a home, totally paid for, totally furnished, anywhere in the world, it would be in Italy. Why? Why not?
  28.   
  29. The one thing I would change about myself is my fear of settling and committing.
  30.   
  31. If you could go anywhere in the world in the next hour, where would you go?  Canton. Or Brooklyn. I could use a friend right now.
  32.   
  33. The languages I would love to learn are Spanish and sign. And maybe Italian. For when I live there, of course.
  34.   
  35. My favorite quote (right now) is “It is better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for someone you are not.”
  36.   
  37. I am most afraid of losing my freedom.
  38.   
  39. My favorite color is blue
  40.   
  41. My dream job is baker or cake decorator. Not that glamorous, but so much fun!
  42.   
  43. The one thing that brings a smile to your face instantaneously is being touched by someone I like.
  44.   
  45. The word I use a lot is fuck. It has so many uses.
  46.   
  47. When I'm feeling blue I will curl up with a drink and watch bad, cheesy movies
  48.   
  49. What inspires me is other people. As in people I admire. As in people I respect. I miss those people.
  50.   
  51. My favorite season is spring!!!
  52.   
  53. My favorite dessert has to be blackberry pie.
  54.   
  55. How many tabs are open on your browser right now? 6
  56.   
  57. What was the first thing that crossed your mind this morning when you looked in the mirror? "If I wear my hair like this, I can totally get away with not showering today."
  58.   
  59. The best piece of advice I was ever given was "The only thing worse than 8 years is 8 years and 1 day."
  60.   
  61. If I had a million dollars to give to one charity, I would give it to The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. For my grandfather. I miss him.
  62.   
  63. If at first you don't succeed lower your expectations. 
Damn! That was kind of painful and took WAY longer than I expected. You can probably tell that I started losing interest at the end there, huh? Hope it's easier to read. Have a great weekend. I think I'm going to try and scrounge up some friends somewhere.

    2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have lived here my whole life... and I never have anyone to hang out with. My closest friends all either moved far far away or had families and disapeared. It's sad & lonley :(

    Krista said...

    I am bored and in need of something to read. Get back to work and blog a little, would ya? Sheesh! (Nobody seems to be blogging this weekend. What gives?)

    Related Posts with Thumbnails