shhh... it's a secret

Monday, May 10, 2010

It's a Twofer!

  
As in, two posts for the price of one! As in, I'm posting twice today. But this time it's for a good cause. 

I was perusing the internet this evening, like I always do when I'm putting off doing work, when I came across this wonderful cause, Mach's grün (yes, this is German. No, I'm not sure what it means, but loosely guesstimated*, I think it means "Make Green". Please don't ask me how I got there, I can't remember. There was a lot of links linking to links linking to other links. It's complicated.).

Apparently blogging is bad for the environment. Let me illustrate this for you with a diagram that I don't quite understand:

(These numbers are for a blog that receives 15,000 visitors a month. Please don't tell them I don't have that many visitors a month. I want them to plant a tree for me. Thanks.)

Any way, I happen to really like Mother Nature (for those of you in Upstate/Northern New York, please don't hate me for saying this. I know you aren't her biggest fan right now, what with all the snow she's been throwing your way *cough* *hack* Global Warming *cough* *cough*. Just think of this as my way of counteracting the curses you've thrown her way. Don't thank me now, thank me later when you don't get a snowstorm Memorial Day Weekend. You're welcome.).

So, here's the gist of it... if I post about their cause on my blog, email them the link and throw some cool little do-hickey over on my sidebar, they will plant a tree to counteract the damage my blog does (ha ha. I only wish I had that many visits). It's totally free. Sweet! Check it out if you have the time and care about the environment (I won't hold it against you if you don't. Really, I won't. I mean it, I really, really won't. Wait! Was that an aluminum can you just threw away in the trash? Ooh, you earth-hater...). Here's the link again: Mach's grün.
* Apparently Firefox recognizes guesstimated as a real word but not blonde. WTF, Firefox?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails