shhh... it's a secret

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket

       
Save it for a rainy day."*
    
I had the best intentions of posting something brilliant tonight (really, I did. I came up with three great ideas for posts while in the shower this morning, AND I wrote them down after wards. Progress!). 

HOWEVER, I had other shit to do tonight...

I spent four hours this afternoon working on a print version of my portfolio for tomorrow's job interview. When I took my jump drive back to the office to print out a few colored pages, I discovered that we had no ink left for our printer. Our new printer. Our new printer that we were given four ink cartridges for. I knew Co-Worker liked to use the printer for personal stuff, but I didn't realize how bad she was with it. Four ink cartridges should have lasted us a year doing the work that we do (meaning, we rarely have to print anything out), but Co-Worker had to go and waste it all on her homework and job applications and god-knows what else. Which means, I was unable to print my portfolio (I know what you're thinking... HYPOCRITE, but I never use that printer for non-work related things, so I figured 5 or 6 pages would be fine, so... BACK OFF!).

Anywho... I had to return to my place (after a quick trip to the store) and proceed to create a digital portfolio that I can burn onto a CD. It's going to suck not having visuals to show tomorrow, but at least I can leave the interview committee a fabulous PowerPoint presentation to view at their leisure (in other words, I'm probably wasting all my time because most likely they won't take the time to view it).

So, here I am, 10 HOURS after starting my portfolio and I'm about 1/3 of the way through. You can expect my hilarious post tomorrow.

* That would be a reference to tonight's episode of LOST, duh, NOT a Clay Aiken reference. I HATE Clay Aiken. (But I couldn't resist using this pic. Blechk. Source).

2 comments:

Krista said...

The first thing I thought when I saw that picture, (before reading your post),was, "Is that CLAY AIKEN?" And "Does she know she used a picture of Clay Aiken?" LOL.

Jenna said...

I LOVE Clay Aiken!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails